We offer a few base or “carrier” choices for our potions, perfumes and pheromones. Oil, alcohol, and alcohol/oil blends. How do you choose which is best for YOU? Here is a quick guide to help you decide.
* Our oil base of choice is Dipropylene Glycol – a clear, odorless, inert oil – it is skin-safe and hypoallergenic.
* Oil-based products last the longest on the skin, from 6 to 24 hours, depending on the blend.
* Often, people who are sensitive to alcohol-based perfumes (allergies, headaches) find that they have much less sensitivity to oil-based perfumes. Oil-based products are “heavier”, the molecules are larger, there is less free-floating in the air.
* Oil-based products wear closer to the skin and require heat for best diffusion. As such, they are best worn on the hottest parts of the body – the torso, cleavage, back of neck, etc. (The hands and wrists do not generate a great deal of heat.) You will find, that when your body heats up during times of the day, that you will create a lovely “cloud” of scent or pheromones.
* People who live in warmer climates seem to prefer this base, as it does not “burn up” or evaporate as fast as traditional alcohol-based products.
* Oil is an excellent choice of base for the more intimate or “sexual” pheromones, especially those that contain Copulins.
* Our oil-based products are sold in 1/3 fl.oz. glass bottles with roll-on applicators.
* Dipropylene Glycol has a flashpoint of 280 degrees F. It is completely safe for air transport or travel.
* Alcohol-based products offer the greatest amount of diffusion…it is lightest in weight compared to any other base, and puts more of the fragrance or pheromone into the air around you – capable of carrying for the furthest distance from your body.
* Our alcohol-based products are sold in 1 fl.oz. glass or metal spray bottles, and is a great choice for those who are accustomed to traditional fragrances and like to spray them on their hair or clothes.
* Social pheromone mixes seem to perform best in an alcohol base, as it creates the largest circle around the wearer.
* Alcohol-based pheromones tend to last between 3 and 5 hours on the skin, and usually need to be reapplied during the day for best effect.
* Those who live in colder climates may prefer alcohol based pheromones over oil based ones, as heat provides lift for oils.
* It is an interesting fact of the cosmetics industry that consumers tend to use spray products more liberally than roll-on or daubed products, as such, even though a 1 ounce alcohol-based spray bottle is equal to a 1/3 oz oil-based product in content, it is likely that the consumer will use up the larger one, faster.
60%/40% ALCOHOL TO OIL RATIO
* We offer this ratio for pheromone products in a 1 fl.oz. spray bottle, to take advantage of ‘the best of both worlds’. The combination makes for a longer lasting product than that of alcohol alone, and offers more diffusion into the air than oil alone. The combination produces a light and silky spray-oil feel.
* This combination also significantly lowers the flashpoint of straight alcohol so that it becomes safe and permissible for international air transport, when in a metal spray bottle container.
* Perfume sprays naturally fall into this ratio.
90%/10% Alcohol to Oil Ratio
* Another option, for UNscented pheromones only.
* A little extra staying power provided by the oil, but not allowed to be shipped internationally.